Built in 1952, by Higgins Industries of New Orleans, Louisiana (hull #11647) as the LT-1966 for the United States Army.
In 1953, the tug was transferred to the United States Navy. Where she was designated as the as the YTM-747 (Chicopee).
The tug was assigned to the 6th Naval District at Charleston, South Carolina. It is unknown when she was removed from service, and stuck from the Naval Register.
In 1974, she was acquired by the Crosby Towboat Company of Boston, Massachusetts. Where she was renamed as the Chicopee.
In 1989, the tug was acquired by the C and M Towing Company of New York, New York. Where the tug retained her name.
In 2002, she went out of documentation and scrapped at New Bedford, Massachusetts. She was a single screw tug, rated at 2,200 horsepower.