Built in 1886, at Astoria, Oregon for the Alaska Fish Salting and Byproducts Company of Anchorage, Alaska as the fish packer Dolphin.
In 1926, the vessel was acquired by Foss Launch and Tug of Tacoma, Washington and rebuilt as a tugboat, where she was renamed Martha Foss.
On May 21st 1946, she was sunk in a collision with the steamer Iroquois in the Straits of Juan de Fuca near Port Angeles, Washington.
Powered by a single, Ingersoll-Rand diesel engine. She was a single screw tug, rated at 240 horsepower.