Home Search Links About Us Updates TBI Store Login
EDITH FOSS (1944)

Built in 1944, by the Ackerman Boat Company at Newport Beach, California as the TP-118 for the United States Army.

In 1957, she was acquired by Pacific Towboat and Salvage Company of Long Beach, California. Where the tug was renamed to Pacific.

In 1960, the tug was acquired by Foss Launch and Tug Company of Tacoma, Washington, where she was renamed to Edith Foss.

In 1979, she was acquired by the Lynn Canal Towing Company of Wrangell, Alaska. Where the tug was renamed to Mavis Lynn.

This vessel is no longer in documentation, her current and, or final disposition is unknown.


  • Vessel Name: EDITH FOSS (1944)
  • USCG Doc. No.: 275288
  • Vessel Service: TOWING VESSEL
  • Trade Indicator: Coastwise Unrestricted
  • Call Sign: WM7474
  • Hull Material: WOOD
  • Ship Builder: ACKERMAN BOAT CO.
  • Year Built: 1944
  • Length: 89.8
  • Hailing Port: WRANGELL, AK.
  • Hull Depth: 11.5
  • Hull Breadth: 24.7
  • Gross Tonnage: 173
  • Net Tonnage: 108
  • Previous Vessel Names:
    TP-118, Pacific, Edith Foss, Mavis Lynn
  • Previous Vessel Owners:
    United States Army, Pacific Towboat and Salvage Co., Foss Launch and Tug Co., Lynn Canal Towing Co.