Built in 1953, by Bethlehem Steel of Staten Island, New York (hull #8337) as the Akron for the Delaware Lackawanna and Western Railroad Company of Lackawanna, New Jersey.
In 1960, she was acquired by the Erie Lakawana Railroad Company of New York, New York. Where she retained her name.
In 1974, the tug was acquired by the McAllister Brothers Towing Company of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the Patrick R. McAllister.
The tug was later acquired by Captain Arthur Fournier of the Penobscot Bay Towing Company of Belfast, Maine. Where she retained her name.
In 2004, she was acquired by the Eastern Towboat Company of Boston, Massachusetts. Where she was renamed as the Akron.
In 2010, the tug was scrapped. Powered by a single, Cleveland 12-178A diesel engine. She was a single screw tug, rated at 1,200 horsepower.
(Paul Strubeck, Captain Brian Fournier)