Built in 1945, by C.W. Smith Shipyard Incorporated of Pensacola, Florida (hull #11) as the ST-724 for the United States Army.
In 1945, she was transferred to the United States Navy. Where she was designated as the Albemarle
In 1956, the tug acquired by the Charles C. Smith Company. Where she was renamed as the Gladys Smith.
In 1964, she was acquired by the Reinauer Transportation Companies of Staten Island, New York. Where she was renamed as the Marilou Reinauer.
In 1967, the tug was sold where she was renamed as the Mabel S.
In 1975, she was renamed as the Helen S.
She was eventually acquired by the Sherman and Sons Company of Panama City, Florida. Where she was renamed as the Apache. The tug is no longer listed in documentation. Her current, and, or final disposition is unknown.