Built in 1943, by John Trumpy and Sons at Gloucester City, New Jersey (hull #270) SC-1068. A 110(ft) "sub chaser" for the United States Navy.
In 1946, she was transferred to the United States Coast Guard. Where the vessel was designated as USCGC Air Snipe (WAVR-465).
In 1948, the vessel acquired by Boyer Towing Incorporated of Ketchikan, Alaska. Where she was renamed as Air Snipe. And, was converted for use as a towing vessel.
She was eventually phased out of active service. Boyer Towing Incorporated then restored her for use as the Halvorsen family's yacht. The Halvorsen family being the owners of the Boyer Towing Company.