Home Search Links About Us Updates TBI Store Login
GEORGE H.
Pictured as: the Vigorous (Clearwater Marine Towing) Photo by: John Curdy

Built in 1957, by the Bollinger Machine Shop of Lockport, Louisiana (hull #15) as the George Bollinger for the Bollinger Machine Shop of Lockport, Louisiana.

The tug was later acquired by C.J. Langengelder and Son Incorporated of Baltimore, Maryland. Where she was renamed as the George H.

She was named for George H. Langenfelder. The first president of C.J. Langengelder and Son Incorporated.

In 1994, the tug was acquired by the Vane Brothers Company of Baltimore, Maryland. Where she retained her name.

In 1999, she was acquired by the Clearwater Marine Towing Company of Wallingford, Pennsylvania. Where she was renamed as the Vigorous.

In 2011, the tug was beached and scrapped. She was a twin screw tug, rated at 800 horsepower.
(John Curdy, Dave Boone)


  • Vessel Name: GEORGE H.
  • USCG Doc. No.: 273286
  • Vessel Service: TOWING VESSEL
  • Trade Indicator: Coastwise Unrestricted, Registry
  • Call Sign: WH6964
  • Hull Material: STEEL
  • Hull Number: 15
  • Ship Builder: BOLLINGER MCH SHOP & SHIP
  • Year Built: 1957
  • Length: 57.6
  • Hailing Port: WILMINGTON, DE.
  • Hull Depth: 7
  • Hull Breadth: 20.3
  • Gross Tonnage: 72
  • Net Tonnage: 49
  • Previous Vessel Names:
    George Bollinger, GEORGE H., VIGOROUS
  • Previous Vessel Owners:
    Bollinger Machine Shop Inc., C.J. Langengelder and Son Inc., Vane Brothers Co., CLEARWATER MARINE TOWING INC, CLEARWATER MARINE TOWING INC