Built in 1908, by the Bethlehem Steel Company of Port Richmond, New York (hull #489) as the Powerful for the Lehigh Valley Railroad Company of Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.
The tug was later acquired by Wayland T. Coppedge Jr. of the Florida Towing Company of Jacksonville, Florida. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1976, the Florida Towing Company was acquired by the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1991, she went out of documentation. Her current, and, or final disposition is unknown. She was a single screw tug, rated at 1,800 horsepower.