Built in 1910, by Robert Palmer and Son of Noank, Connecticut as the President for the United States Quartermaster Corps.
The vessel was a steam powered, mail transfer vessel.
In 1937, she was acquired by the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York. Where the vessel retained her name.
In 1954, the vessel went our of documentation. Her current, and, or final disposition is unknown. She was single screw, rated at 1,000 horsepower.