Built in 1952, by RTC Shipbuilding of Camden, New Jersey (hull #214), as the Sound Shore for the Central Railroad of New Jersey Company of Jersey City, New Jersey.
The tug was constructed with a lower wheelhouse, and stack for service in Harlem River in New York, New York.
In 1973, the tug was acquired by the McAllister Brothers Towing Company of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the W. M.H. McAllister. Her wheelhouse, and stack were modified by the McAllister Towing Company for towing, and ship assist service.
In 2003, she was dismantled at Bay Bridge Enterprises of Chesapeake, Virginia. She was powered by a single, Fairbanks Morse 10-38D diesel engine. For a rated at 1,600 horsepower.
(Jeff Schurr, Paul Strubeck)