Built in 1920, by the Chance Marine Construction Company of Eastport, Maryland as the the Reindeer for the United States Shipping Board.
In 1929, the tug was transferred to the United States Navy. Where the tug was designated as the YT-115 (Reindeer).
In 1944, the United States Navy redesignated the tug was the YTM-115 (Reindeer).
In 1945, she was placed out of service. And, struck from the Naval Register.
In 1947, the tug was transferred to the United States Maritime Commission for sale, or reuse.
In 1947, she was acquired by the Amboy Towboats Company of Perth Amboy, New Jersey. Where the tug was renamed as the Reindeer.
In 1956, the tug was acquired by the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York. Where she retained her name.
In 1956, she was scrapped. She was a single screw tug, rated at 450 horsepower.