Built in 1924, by the Bethlehem Steel Company of Staten Island, New York (hull #752) as the Van Dyke 3 for the Atlantic Refining Company of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
In 1953, the tug was acquired by the McAllister Brothers Towing Company of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the Marjorie McAllister.
In 1968, the McAllister Brothers Towing Company renamed the tug as the Reid McAllister.
In 1983, the tug was acquired by acquired by Captain Arthur Fournier of the Penobscot Bay Towing Company of Belfast, Maine. Where tug tug retained her name.
The tug was later acquired by General Marine Construction of Portland, Maine. Where she retained her name.
In 1993, she sank at the dump site off the coast of Portland, Maine. She was a single screw tug, rated 1,000 horsepower.
(Captain Brian Fournier)