Built in 1924, by Staten Island Shipbuilding of Staten Island, New York (hull #750) as the Van Dyke 1, for the Atlantic Refining Company of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
In 1956, the tug was acquired by the McAllister Brothers Towing Company of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the Jered A. McAllister.
In 1957, the McAllister Brothers Towing Company repowered the tug.
In 1978, she went out of documentation. Her current, and or, final disposition is unknown. She was a single screw tug, rated at 1,080 horsepower.