Built in 1881, by the Pusey and Jones Corporation of Wilmington, Delaware (hull #176) as the Taurus.
The tug was later acquired by the Curtis Bay Towing Company of Baltimore, Maryland. Where she retained her name.
In 1958, the company became an affiliate of the Moran Towing Corporation of New York, New York. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1962, she was acquired by an individual named Eva Simpkins. Where the tug retained her name.
The tug is no longer listed in documentation. Her current, and, or final disposition is unknown. She was a single screw tug, rated at 320 horsepower.