Built in 1916, at Fairfield, Maryland as the P.R.R. No. 27 for the Pennsylvania Railroad Company of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
In 1962, the tug was sold. Where she was renamed as the Alliance.
She was later acquired by the Wayland T. Coppedge Jr. of the Florida Towing Company of Jacksonville, Florida. Where the tug was renamed as the W.E. Coppedge.
In 1976, the Florida Towing Company was acquired by the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1977, she was acquired by Captain Arthur Fournier of the Penobscot Bay Towing Company of Belfast, Maine. Where the tug was renamed as the Cape Fear.
The tug is no longer listed in documentation. Her current, and, or final disposition is unknown. She was a single screw tug, rated at 1,700 horsepower.