Home Search Links About Us Updates TBI Store Login
CAPT. JIM GREEN
Photo by: Sam Draye

Built in 1975, by F. B. Walker and Sons of Pascagoula, Mississippi (hull #194) as the Melvin Williams for the Wood Marine Corporation of Houston, Texas.

In 1987, the tug was acquired by Hollywood Marie Incorporated of Houston, Texas. Where she was renamed as the Capt. Jim Green.

In 1998, she was acquired by the Kirby Corporation of Channelview, Texas. Where the tug retained her name.

Powered by two, Volvo D34 diesel engines. With Twin Disc reduction gears, at a ratio of 7:1. She is a twin screw, square bow, push boat. Rated at 1,600 horsepower.


  • Vessel Name: CAPT. JIM GREEN
  • USCG Doc. No.: 562434
  • Vessel Service: TOWING VESSEL
  • Trade Indicator: Coastwise Unrestricted
  • Call Sign: WDC2584
  • Hull Material: STEEL
  • Hull Number: 194
  • Ship Builder: F B WALKER & SONS
  • Year Built: 1975
  • Length: 66.4
  • Hailing Port: HOUSTON, TX.
  • Hull Depth: 10.2
  • Hull Breadth: 24
  • Gross Tonnage: 160
  • Net Tonnage: 108
  • Owner:
    KIRBY INLAND MARINE LP
    55 WAUGH DR STE 1000
    HOUSTON, TX 77007
  • Previous Vessel Names:
    Melvin Williams
  • Previous Vessel Owners:
    Wood Marine Corp, KIRBY INLAND MARINE LP A DELAWARE LIMITED PARTNERSHIP, KIRBY INLAND MARINE LP, KIRBY INLAND MARINE LP, KIRBY INLAND MARINE LP, KIRBY INLAND MARINE LP, KIRBY INLAND MARINE LP, KIRBY INLAND MARINE LP