Home Search Links About Us Updates TBI Store Login
CITY OF PITTSBURGH

Built in 1960, by the Dravo Corporation of Neville Island, Pennsylvania (hull #4078) as the Franklin Pierce for the Thomas Petroleum Transit Company of Butler, Pennsylvania.

In 1976, the tug was acquired by the Kirby Corporation of Channelview, Texas. Where she was renamed as the City of Pittsburgh.

Powered by two, GM 16-567C-E2 diesel engines. She is a twin screw, square bow, push boat. Rated at 3,200 horsepower.


  • Vessel Name: CITY OF PITTSBURGH
  • USCG Doc. No.: 280927
  • Vessel Service: TOWING VESSEL
  • Trade Indicator: Coastwise Unrestricted
  • Call Sign: WDC2658
  • Hull Material: STEEL
  • Hull Number: 4078
  • Ship Builder: Dravo Corporation
  • Year Built: 1960
  • Length: 138.2
  • Hailing Port: WILMINGTON, DE.
  • Hull Depth: 9.8
  • Hull Breadth: 34.6
  • Gross Tonnage: 514
  • Net Tonnage: 350
  • Owner:
    KIRBY INLAND MARINE LP
    55 WAUGH DRIVE STE 1000
    HOUSTON, TX 77007
  • Previous Vessel Names:
    Franklin Pierce
  • Previous Vessel Owners:
    Thomas Petroleum Transit Co., KIRBY INLAND MARINE LP, KIRBY INLAND MARINE LP, KIRBY INLAND MARINE LP, KIRBY INLAND MARINE LP, KIRBY INLAND MARINE LP, KIRBY INLAND MARINE LP