Home Search Links About Us Updates TBI Store Login
MARCIA LYNN
Photo by: Vladimir Knyaz

Built in 1975, by Wall Shipyard Incorporated of Belle Chasse, Louisiana as the OU-317. For a pipeline project in Peru.

In 1978, the tug was returned to the United States, and sold. Where the tug was renamed as the Capt. Rick.

In 1980, she was sold. Where she was renamed as the Compass Cove.

In 1995, the tug was acquired by Hollywood Marine Incorporated of Houston, Texas. Where she was renamed as the Marcia Lynn.

In 1998, she was acquired by the Kirby Corporation of Channelview, Texas. Where the tug was retained her name.

Powered by two, Cummins KTA19-M3 diesel engines. With Twin Disc reduction gears, at a ratio of 7:1. She is a twin screw, square bow, push boat. Rated at 1,200 horsepower.


  • Vessel Name: MARCIA LYNN
  • USCG Doc. No.: 563427
  • Vessel Service: TOWING VESSEL
  • Trade Indicator: Coastwise Unrestricted
  • Call Sign: WDC2626
  • Hull Material: STEEL
  • Ship Builder: WALL SHIPYARD INC
  • Year Built: 1975
  • Length: 61.4
  • Hailing Port: HOUSTON, TX.
  • Hull Depth: 8.6
  • Hull Breadth: 24
  • Gross Tonnage: 121
  • Net Tonnage: 82
  • Owner:
    KIRBY INLAND MARINE LP
    55 WAUGH DRIVE STE 1000
    HOUSTON, TX 77007
  • Previous Vessel Names:
    OU-317, Capt. Rick, Linda R., COMPASS COVE
  • Previous Vessel Owners:
    Hollywood Marine Inc., KIRBY INLAND MARINE LP, KIRBY INLAND MARINE LP, KIRBY INLAND MARINE LP, KIRBY INLAND MARINE LP, KIRBY INLAND MARINE LP, KIRBY INLAND MARINE LP