Built in 1975, by Glendale Boat Works Incorporated of Channelview, Texas (hull #1015) as the Old Push for the Dow Chemical Corporation of Midland, Missouri.
In 1994, the tug was acquired by the Western Towing Company of Channelview, Texas. Where she retained her name.
In 2003, she was acquired by the Kirby Corporation of Channelview, Texas. Where the tug retained her name.
Repowered in 2001, the tug is driven by two, Volvo TAMD-122A diesel engines. With Twin Disc reduction gears, at a ratio of 5.05:1. She is a twin screw towboat, rated at 800 horsepower.