Home Search Links About Us Updates TBI Store Login
TRINITY

Built in 1968, by the Platzer Shipyard of Houston, Texas (hull #214) as the Capt. Gus for the Mar-Ray Towing Company Incorporated of Port O'Connor, Texas.

In 1980, the Mar-Ray Towing Company Incorporated renamed the tug as the Trinity.

In 1982, the tug was acquired by Rio Marine Incorporated of Houston, Texas. Where she retained her name.

In 1986, Rio Marine Incorporated became the Alamo Inland Marine Company of Houston, Texas. Where the tug retained her name.

In 1989, she was acquired by Dixie Marine Incorporated of Houston, Texas. Where the tug retained her name.

In 1998, the tug was acquired by the Kirby Corporation of Channelview, Texas. Where she retained her name.

Repowered in 1999, the tug is driven by two Caterpillar 3508 diesel engines. With Twin Disc reduction gears, at a ratio of 5.17:1. She is a twin screw, square bow, push boat. Rated at 1,400 horsepower.


  • Vessel Name: TRINITY
  • USCG Doc. No.: 515037
  • Vessel Service: TOWING VESSEL
  • Trade Indicator: Coastwise Unrestricted
  • Call Sign: WDC2625
  • Hull Material: STEEL
  • Hull Number: 214
  • Ship Builder: Platzer Shipyard
  • Year Built: 1968
  • Length: 75
  • Hailing Port: WILMINGTON, DE.
  • Hull Depth: 9.1
  • Hull Breadth: 26
  • Gross Tonnage: 150
  • Net Tonnage: 102
  • Owner:
    KIRBY INLAND MARINE LP
    55 WAUGH DR STE 1000
    HOUSTON, TX 77007
  • Previous Vessel Names:
    Capt. Gus, Trinity
  • Previous Vessel Owners:
    Mar-Ray Towing Co. Inc., Rio Marine Inc., Alamo Inland Marine Co., Dixie Marine Inc., KIRBY INLAND MARINE LP A DELAWARE LIMITED PARTNERSHIP, KIRBY INLAND MARINE LP, KIRBY INLAND MARINE LP, KIRBY INLAND MARINE LP, KIRBY INLAND MARINE LP, KIRBY INLAND MARINE LP