Built in 1951, by the St. Louis Shipbuilding and Steel Company of St. Louis, Missouri as the De Soto for the Commercial Transport Corporation Houston, Texas.
In 1962, the tug was acquired by Dixie Marine Incorporated of Houston, Texas. Where she was renamed as the Dixie Vanguard.
In 1996, she was acquired by the Kirby Corporation of Channelview, Texas. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1998, the Kirby Corporation renamed the tug as the Kirby Educator.
In 1998, the tug was acquired by Tex-Mex Marine Incorporated of Dickinson, Texas. Where she was renamed as the Captain Stapp.
In 2004, Tex-Mex Marine Incorporated renamed the tug as the Christina Renee.
In 2007, she was acquired by Breathwit Marine Contractors Limited of Dickinson, Texas. Where the tug was renamed as the Captain George.
In 2008, the tug went out of documentation. Her current, and, or final disposition is unknown.
She was powered by two, Cummins KTA50 diesel engines. With ZF reduction gears, at a ratio of 2.5:1. The tug was a twin screw, towboat, rated at 3,000 horsepower.