Built in 1944, by the Luders Marine Construction Company of Stamford, Connecticut as the YTB-500 (Chononaga) for the United States Navy.
In 1944, the United States Navy redesignated the tug as the YTM-766.
In 1975, she was acquired by the Dahl Tug and Barge Company Incorporated of Seattle, Washington. Where the tug was renamed as the Double Eagle.
The tug was later acquired by Lind Marine Incorporated of Petaluma, California. Where the she was renamed as the Michael Lind.
The tug was later acquired by the Salt River Construction Corporation of Corte Madera, California. Where she was renamed as the Double Eagle.
In 1975, she was reconfigured as a twin screw tug, rated at 1,250 horsepower.
(Kyle Stubbs, NavSource Online)