Built in 1944 by the Luders Marine Construction Company of Stamford, Connecticut as the YTB-500 "Chononaga" for the United States Navy.
The tug's Navy designation was later changed to YTM-766.
In 1975, she was acquired by the D and V Boat Company of Seattle, Washington. Where the tug was renamed as the Double Eagle. At that time, she was rebuilt with twin-screw propulsion.
She was later acquired by Lind Marine Incorporated of Petaluma, California. Where the tug was renamed as the Michael Lind.
The tug was later acquired by the Salt River Construction Corporation of Corte Madera, California. Where her name was reverted to Double Eagle.