Built in 1954 by Equitable Equipment of Madisonville, Louisiana (hull #800) as the Cavalier for the Curtis Bay Towing of Company of Baltimore, Maryland.
The tug's hull was constructed by the Equitable Equipment Company at their yard in Madisonville, Louisiana. However the engines were installed, and deckhouses where constructed at Curtis Bay Towing Company's Norfolk shipyard in Norfolk, Virginia.
In 1958, the Curtis Bay Towing Company was acquired by the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York. However, the Curtis Bay Towing Company operated as an affiliate of the Moran Towing Company. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1988, the Curtis Bay Towing Company was absorbed into the Moran Towing Corporation. Where the tug retained her name.
In 2010, the tug was acquired by the Gulf and Caribbean Transportation Company of Lafitte, Louisiana. Where she retained her name.
She was a single screw tug, rated at 2,360 horsepower.