Built in 1944, by Decatur Iron and Steel Company of Decatur, Alambama (hull #DPC 62) as the DPC-62 for the United States Defense Plant Corporation.
The tug was later transferred to the United States Army. Where she was redesignated as the ST-778.
In 1947, the tug was acquired by the Allied Chemical and Dye Company of Morristown, New Jersey. Where she was renamed as the Bartow.
In 1952, she was acquired by the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York. Where the tug retained her name.
In 1957, the Moran Towing Company renamed the tug as the Elizabeth Moran.
In 1967, she was acquired by Evelyn Berman of Berman Towing Enterprises Incorporated of Staten Island, New York. Where the tug was renamed as the Evelyn.
In 1996, the tug was scrapped. She was a single screw tug, rated at 700 horsepower.