Built in 1941, by the Equitable Equipment Company of New Orleans, Louisiana (hull #123) as the Brigadier General John B. Bellinger for the United States Army.
She was later sold and renamed as the Corporal.
In 1951, the tug was acquired by the Moran Towing Company of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the Ned Moran.
In 1953, she was sold and renamed as the Valoil
In 1966, the tug was sold, and renamed as the Beatrice Lewis. Then, as the Thomas F. Drews.
In 1971, she was sold, and renamed as the Nelson.
In 1994, she was scrapped. The tug was single screw, rated at 1,000 horsepower.