Built in 1978, by Quality Shipyards Incorporated of Houma, Louisiana (hull #144) as the Gulf Falcon for Gulf Fleet Marine Incorporated of Houston, Texas.
In 1985, Zapata Marine Service, Gulf Fleet Marine Incorporated, and Jackson Marine Services merged to form Zapata Gulf Marine Service Incorporated of Houston, Texas.
In 1986, Seahorse Marine Incorporated of Lockport, Louisiana merged into the Zapata Gulf Marine Company adding an additional ninety vessels to the fleet.
In 1992, Zapata Gulf Marine Incorporated merged with Tidewater Marine Incorporated of New Orleans, Louisiana. Where the tug retained her name.
In 2008, she was acquired by the Dann Ocean Towing Company of Tampa, Florida. Where she was renamed as the Ocean Tower.
Powered by two, EMD 12-645-E6 diesel engines. With Reintjes WAV 1850 reduction gears, at a ratio of 5:1. Turning two, 108(in) by 108(in), fixed pitch, four bladed, stainless steel propellers, mounted in kort nozzles. For a rated 3,000 horsepower.
Her electrical service is provided by two, 99kW generator sets. Driven by two, Detroit 8V-71 diesel engines. The tug's capacities are 96,000 gallons of fuel, 225 gallons of hydraulic oil, 4,185 gallons of lube oil, and 6,925 gallons of potable Water.
The towing gear consists of a double drum, INTERcon DD200, towing winch. Outfitted with 2,500(ft) of 2(in) of towing wire on the primary drum. And, 2,500(ft) of 2(in) of towing wire on the secondary drum.
(Captain Eric Takakjian, Kyle Stubbs)