Built in 1978, by Quality Shipyards Incorporated of Houma, Louisiana (hull #150) as the Mary Defelice for the DeFelice Marine Towing Company of Lake Charles, Louisiana.
In 1980, the DeFelice Marine Towing Company was acquired by Gulf fleet Marine Incorporated of Houston, Texas.
In 1985, Zapata Marine Service, Gulf Fleet Marine Incorporated, and Jackson Marine Services merged to form Zapata Gulf Marine Service Incorporated of Houston, Texas.
In 1992, the was acquired by the Dann Ocean Towing Company of Tampa, Florida. Where she was renamed as the Stephanie Dann.
Powered by two, Caterpillar D398 TA diesel engines. With Reintjes WAV 1050 reduction gears, at a ratio of 5.00:1.00. Turning two, 86(in) by 66(in), four bladed, fixed pitch stainless steel propellers. For a rated 3,200 horsepower.
Her electrical service is provided by two, 75kW Delco generator sets. Driven by two, Detroit Diesel 6-71 diesel engines. The tug's capacities are 50,000 gallons of fuel, 800 gallons of hydraulic, 1,900 gallons of lube oil, 5,600 gallons of wash water, and 8,000 gallons of Potable water.
The tug's towing equipment consists of a double drum, Markey, TDSD-26, towing winch. Outfitted with 2,000(ft) of 1.50(in) towing wire on the primary drum. And, 2,000(ft) of 1.50(in) towing wire on the secondary drum.
In 2014, the Dann Ocean Towing Company outfitted the tug with an upper wheelhouse at Feeney's Enterprises in Kingston, New York.