Built in 1943, by Westergard Boat Works of Biloxi, Mississippi (hull #YTB-283) as the YTB-283 (Pitchlynn) for the United States Navy.
Her keel was laid down on the 26th of August 26th, 1943. She was launched on May 23rd, 1944. And, the tug was delivered to the United States Navy on November 3rd, 1944.
The tug was allocated to the 4th Naval District at Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Where she served thought the end of World War II, and for the following fifteen years.
In 1960, the tug was struck from the Navy List. And was "laid up," and placed available for sale, or reuse.
On August 31st, 1960, the tug was acquired by Rodney H. Dann and Sons Incorporated of Wilmington, Delaware. Where the tug was renamed as the Rodney H. Dann.
In 1985, the Robert Dann Towing Company became the Dann Marine Towing Company of Chesapeake City, Maryland. When Robert Dann along with his wife Joan Dann, established a company separate of his brother Rodney Dann. Rodney Dann would establish the Dann Ocean Towing Company of Tampa, Florida.
Her current, and or final disposition is unknown. She was a single screw tug, rated at 1,270 horsepower.