Home Search Links About Us Updates TBI Store Login
W.H. McALLISTER

Built in 1903, by McCosker and Company of Baltimore, Maryland as the Defiance for the F.A. Egerton Towing Company of New York, New York.

The tug was later acquired by the P. Dougherty Company of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the Alexander. The P. Dougherty Company later renamed the tug as the Timothy.

In 1925, she was acquired by the McAllister Brothers Towing Company of New York, New York. Where she was renamed as the W.H. McAllister.

In 1950, the tug was scrapped. She was single screw, rated at 370 horsepower.


  • Vessel Name: W.H. McALLISTER
  • USCG Doc. No.: 157683
  • Vessel Service: TOWING VESSEL
  • Trade Indicator: Coastwise Unrestricted
  • Hull Material: STEEL
  • Ship Builder: McCosker & Company
  • Year Built: 1903
  • Length: 107.0
  • Hailing Port: NEW YORK, NY.
  • Hull Depth: 10.7
  • Hull Breadth: 22.5
  • Gross Tonnage: 154
  • Previous Vessel Names:
    Defiance, Alexander, Timothy, W.H. McAllister
  • Previous Vessel Owners:
    F.A. Egerton Co., P. Dougherty Co, McAllister Bros. Towing Co.