Built in 1945 by the Gibbs Gas Engine Company of Jacksonville, Florida as the YTB-401 "Owachomo" for the United States Navy.
In 1962, the tug was redesignated as YTM-401.
In 1975, she was acquired by L.H. Clark of Tenakee, Alaska. Where the tug was renamed as the Blarney.
The tug was later acquired by South Coast Incorporated of Ketchikan, Alaska. Where she retained her name.
In 2007, she was acquired by Coastal Villages LLC of Anchorage, Alaska. Where the tug retained her name.
In 2009, the tug was acquired by Campbell Maritime Incorporated of Seattle, Washington. Where she retained her name.
In 2016, she was acquired by Pacific Tugboat Service Incorporated of San Diego, California. Where the tug retained her name.
Her powerplant consists of a single diesel engine with 7:1 reduction gear turning a single 118" x 104" four-blade stainless steel propeller. For a rated 1,600 horsepower.
Capacities include 21,000 gallons of fuel and 3,000 gallons of water.