Built in 1913 by Manitowoc Shipbuilding Company of Manitowoc, Wisconsin (hull #64) as the Chicago for the Harlem Station, Erie Lackawanna Railroad Company of New York, New York.
Originally constructed with a raised wheelhouse, and stack. Her wheelhouse, and stack where later modified to a lower profile. For service on the Harlem River in New York City.
In 1965, the tug was acquired by Andrew Thomas of the Thomas Transportation Company of Caldwell, New Jersey. Where she was renamed as the Judy Thomas. Where her house, and stack where raised again.
In 1966, the tug was acquired by the Coastline Towing Corporation of Providence, Rhode Island. Where she was renamed as the Narragansett.
In 1976, she was acquired by the Thames Towboat Company of New London, Connecticut. Where she retained her name.
In 1993, she was placed out of service. And "laid up" at the Thames Shipyard and repair company in in New London, Connecticut.
In 1996, the tug was scrapped. Originally powered by a compound steam engine. With 18(in) cylinders, and a 38(in) bore, by 30(in) stroke. In 1951, the tug was re powered with a diesel engine. She was a single screw tug, rated at 1,200 horsepower.
(Paul Strubeck, John "Red" Bartlett, Captain Calvin Edmonds)