Built in 1940, at the by the United States Navy at the Pearl Harbor Navy Yard at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii as the YT-153 for the United States Navy.
Her keel was laid down in 1940. She was launched in 1941, and placed into service at the 14th Naval District at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii.
The tug was present during the Japanese the attack on Pearl Harbor on December 7th, 1941. The YT-153 earned one battle star for World War II service.
In 1944, the United States Navy redesignated the tug as the YTL-153.
It is unknown when the tug was placed out of service. In 1947, the tug was struck from the Naval Register. Where she was placed up for sale for commercial service.
In 1998, the tug was acquired by Specialty Diving Services Incorporated of North Kingstown, Rhode Island. Where she was renamed as the Hawk.
She is a single screw tug, rated at 240 horsepower.