Construction started in 1946 by the Levingston Shipbuilding Company of Orange, Texas as the ATA-229 (hull #376) for the United States Navy. The contract was cancelled, and the hull was left partly-complete.
In 1953, the vessel was completed by the Commercial Ship Repair Company of Winslow, Washington as the Moi for the Young Brothers Company of Honolulu, Hawaii.
In 1961, the Young Brothers Company was merged into the Dillingham Corporation of Honolulu, Hawaii. At that time, the Young Brothers Company began operation solely as a common cargo carrier, while tugboat operations were transferred to the newly founded Hawaiian Tug and Barge Company of Honolulu, Hawaii.
In 1977, the Hawaiian Tug and Barge Company's corporate name was changed to the Dillingham Tug and Barge Corporation of Honolulu, Hawaii.
In 1978, the tug was acquired by Cementos California of Ensenada, Mexico and reflagged to Mexico. Where she was renamed as the C.C. 9.
Her current and/or final fate is unknown.