Home Search Links About Us Updates TBI Store Login
MIKIALA

Built in 1944 by Hodgson-Greene-Haldeman of Long Beach, California as the LT-390 for the United States Army.

In 1947, the tug was acquired by Young Brothers Limited of Honolulu, Hawaii. Where she was renamed as the Ikaika.

In 1958, tug was renamed as the Mikiala.

In 1961, the Young Brothers Company was merged into the Dillingham Corporation of Honolulu, Hawaii. At that time, the Young Brothers Company began operation solely as a common cargo carrier, while tugboat operations were transferred to the newly founded Hawaiian Tug and Barge Company of Honolulu, Hawaii.

In 1971, the tug was intentionally scuttled in the Pacific Ocean near Honolulu, Hawaii.


  • Vessel Name: MIKIALA
  • USCG Doc. No.: 252239
  • Vessel Service: TOWING VESSEL
  • Trade Indicator: Coastwise Unrestricted
  • Call Sign: WA6012
  • Hull Material: WOOD
  • Ship Builder: HODGSON-GREENE
  • Year Built: 1944
  • Length: 117.7
  • Hailing Port: HONOLULU, HI
  • Hull Depth: 12.8
  • Hull Breadth: 28
  • Gross Tonnage: 287
  • Net Tonnage: 122
  • Previous Vessel Names:
    LT-390, Ikaika
  • Previous Vessel Owners:
    United States Army, Young Brothers Limited, Hawaiian Tug and Barge Company