Built in 1958 by Albina Engine and Machine Works of Portland, Oregon as the Malie (hull #314) for Young Brothers Limited of Honolulu, Hawaii.
In 1961, the Young Brothers Company was merged into the Dillingham Corporation of Honolulu, Hawaii. At that time, the Young Brothers Company began operation solely as a common cargo carrier, while tugboat operations were transferred to the newly founded Hawaiian Tug and Barge Company of Honolulu, Hawaii.
The tug is no longer documented. Her current and/or final fate is unknown.