Home Search Links About Us Updates TBI Store Login
SPRING CREEK

Built in 1943 by George Lawley and Son at Neponset, Massachusetts as the DPC-4 for the United States Defense Plant Corporation.

In 1946, the tug was acquired by the City of New York Department of Sanitation. Where she was renamed as the D S 44.

In 1950, the City of New York Department of Santitation renamed the tug as the Spring Creek.

In 1969, she was acquired by the Sause Brothers Ocean Towing Company of Coos Bay, Oregon. Where the tug was renamed as the Cochise.

In 1995, the tug was acquired by Marine Express Incorporated of Walnut Creek, California. Where she was renamed as the Southern Cross.


  • Vessel Name: SPRING CREEK
  • USCG Doc. No.: 243954
  • Vessel Service: TOWING VESSEL
  • IMO Number: 9089463
  • Trade Indicator: Coastwise Unrestricted, Registry
  • Call Sign: WDC2550
  • Hull Material: STEEL
  • Ship Builder: GEORGE LAWLEY & SON CORP
  • Year Built: 1943
  • Length: 81.1
  • Hailing Port: SAN FRANCISCO, CA
  • Hull Depth: 9.8
  • Hull Breadth: 24
  • Gross Tonnage: 139
  • Net Tonnage: 94
  • Owner:
    SEAWAY TOWING CO INC
    2085 N BROWDWAY SUITE 500 PO BOX 4008
    WALNUT CREEK, CA 94596
  • Previous Vessel Names:
    DPC-4, D S 44, Spring Creek, Cochise
  • Previous Vessel Owners:
    United States Defense Plant Corporation, City of New York, Sause Brothers Ocean Towing Company, Marine Express Inc