Built in 1944 by Ira S. Bushey and Sons at Brooklyn, New York as the YT-387 "Watseka" (hull #535) for the United States Navy. She was then assigned to the 8th Naval District at New Orleans, Louisiana.
In 1944, the tug was redesignated as YTB-387.
Following the end of World War II, she was laid-up in the Columbia River Reserve Fleet at Astoria, Oregon. In 1962, the tug was redesignated as YTM-387.
In 1974, the tug was acquired by the Marine Leasing Corporation of Seattle, Washington. Where she was renamed as the Deborah W.
In 1977, she was acquired by the Simmons Tugboat Company of Seattle, Washington. Where the tug was renamed as the Beaver.
The tug was later sold and renamed as the Seahorse.
She was eventually acquired by the Silver Bay Logging Company Incorporated of Juneau, Alaska. Where the tug was renamed as the Silver Bay IX.
The tug was later acquired by Star Marine Incorporated of Bainbridge Island, Washington. Where she was renamed as the Glen Cove.