Built in 1957 by the Gunderson Brothers Engineering Corporation at Portland, Oregon as the Stampede for the Smith Tug and Barge Company of Rainier, Oregon.
The tug was later acquired by Julius Leitz of Portland, Oregon. Where she retained her name.
She was eventually acquired by the Padilla Tug Company Incorporated of Dutch Harbor, Alaska. Where the tug was renamed as the Padilla.
In 2001, the tug was acquired by Northland Services Incorporated of Seattle, Washington. Where she retained her name.
In 2013, Northland Services was acquired by Lynden Incorporated of Seattle, Washington and retained as a subsidiary operation. Where the tug retained her name.
In 2014, Northland Services was merged into the sister Lynden subsidiary, Alaska Marine Lines Incorporated. Where the tug retained her name.