Home Search Links About Us Updates TBI Store Login
54NS811
Pictured as: the Bernice Lind (Lind Marine) Photo by: Kyle Stubbs

Built circa 1953 as an LCM(8)-type landing craft for the United States Navy.

In 1977, the vessel was rebuilt as a square-bow push boat for use at the Subic Bay, Philippines Navy Base. Where she was redesignated as 54NS811.

She was later sold surplus to the Port of Astoria, Oregon, where the tug was renamed as Impala.

In 2003, the tug was acquired by Lind Marine Incorporated of Petaluma, California. Where she was renamed as the Bernice Lind.


  • Vessel Name: 54NS811
  • USCG Doc. No.: 1148370
  • Vessel Service: TOWING VESSEL
  • Trade Indicator: Coastwise Unrestricted, Registry
  • Call Sign: WDC8364
  • Hull Material: STEEL
  • Year Built: 1953
  • Length: 59.5
  • Hailing Port: SAN FRANCISCO, CA
  • Hull Depth: 8.0
  • Hull Breadth: 22.7
  • Gross Tonnage: 72
  • Net Tonnage: 57
  • Owner:
    RIVERVIEW EQUIPMENT COMPANY LLC
    3115 BRAYTON LANE
    PETALUMA, CA 94952
  • Previous Vessel Names:
    54NS811, IMPALA
  • Previous Vessel Owners:
    United States Navy, Port of Astoria