Built in 1945, by Levingston Shipbuilding Incorporated at Orange, Texas as the ATA-195 (Tatnuck) (hull #362) for the United States Navy.
Commissioned on February, 26th, 1945, the tug served in both the Atlantic and Pacific theaters before being stationed on the Pacific Coast following the end of World War II.
On July 1st, 1971, she was decommissioned, and placed into the Pacific Reserve Fleet. Where she was renamed as the Tatnuck.
In 1979, the tug was acquired by the Marine Power and Equipment Company of Seattle, Washington. She was rebuilt for commercial service, and was renamed as the Marine Constructor.
In 1993, she was acquired by Sea Coast Transportation Incorporated of Seattle, Washington. Where the tug was renamed as the Ocean Warrior.
In 2002, the tug was acquired by the Island Tug and Barge Company of Seattle, Washington. Where she was renamed as the Island Warrior.
In 2010, she was acquired by Seabridge Incorporated, the ocean towing division of the Cabras Marine Corporation of Piti, Guam. Where the tug was renamed as the Tamaraw.
Powered by two, Yanmar Diesel diesel engines. With IHI Duckpeller propulsion system z drives. For a rated 4,000 horsepower.