Built in 1945 by Levingston Shipbuilding at Orange, Texas as the ATA-195 "Tatnuck" (hull #362) for the United States Navy.
Commissioned on 26 February, 1945, the tug served in both the Atlantic and Pacific theaters before being stationed on the Pacific Coast following the end of World War II.
She was decommissioned on 1 July, 1971 and placed into the Pacific Reserve Fleet.
In 1979, the tug was acquired by the Marine Power and Equipment Company of Seattle, Washington. She was then rebuilt for commercial service and renamed as the Marine Constructor.
In 1993, she was acquired by Sea Coast Towing of Seattle, Washington. Where the tug was renamed as the Ocean Warrior.
In 2002, the tug was acquired by the Island Tug and Barge Company of Seattle, Washington. Where she was renamed as the Island Warrior.
In 2010, she was acquired by Seabridge Incorporated, the ocean towing division of the Cabras Marine Corporation of Piti, Guam. Where the tug was renamed as the Tamaraw.