Built in 1953, by Higgins Incorporated of New Orleans, Louisiana (hull #11649) as the LT-1968 for the United States Army.
In 1954, the tug was transferred to the United States Navy. Where she was designated as the YTM-755 (Waukegan). Where she was allocated to the 10th Naval District at San Juan, Puerto Rico.
In 1975, placed out of service, and struck from the Naval Register. And, sold for scrap or reuse.
In 1976, the tug was acquired by the Crosby Towboat Company of Boston, Massachusetts. Where she was renamed as Waukegan.
In 2005, she was acquired by Captain Arthur Fournier of the Fournier Towing and Ship Service of Belfast, Maine. Where the tug retained her name.
In 2007, she was acquired by Sterling Equipment Incorporated of Quincy, Massachusetts. Where the tug retained her name.
In 2009, the tug went out of documentation. Her current, and or final disposition is unknown. She was a single screw tug, rated at 2,200 horsepower.