Built in 1920, by the Bethlehem Shipbuilding Corporation of Staten Island, New York (hull #2150) as the Buffalo Socony for the Standard Oil Company of New York, New York.
In 1923, the vessel was lengthened by 40(ft) at Staten Island Shipbuilding of Staten Island, New York. Making her overall length, 196.6(ft).
In 1933, the Standard Oil Company's marine division was reorganized as the Socony Vacuum Oil Company Incorporated of New York, New York. Where the tanker retained her name.
In 1945, the tanker was acquired by Warren L. Graham of Gladwyne, Pennsylvania. Where she was renamed as the Buffalo.
In 1960, she was acquired by the Poling Brothers Transportation Company of New York, New York. Where the vessel was renamed as the Queens Bay.
In 1982, the Poling Brothers Transportation Company renamed the tanker as the Leona L.
In 2003, the tanker was acquired by the Poling-Cutler Marine Transportation Company of Freehold, New Jersey. Where she was renamed as the Coral Queen.
In 2011, she was scrapped at Witte Marine Incorporated's scrap yard in Staten Island, New York. However, her forebody was acquired by a Marina is Ossing, New York for use as a break water.
She was originally powered by a single, four cycle, air starting, and reversing, marine gasoline engine. Which was rated at 300 horsepower. The vessel was later re powered with a single, Winton diesel engine. Which was rated at 275 horsepower. Eventually she was refitted with a single, EMD 8-645 diesel engine.
(Jeff Schurr, Paul Strubeck, Edwin Poling, Robert Silva)