Built in 1978, by Quality Shipyards of Houma, Louisiana (hull #150) as the Marie de Felice for Defelice Marine Towing of Lake Charles, Louisiana.
The tug was later renamed as the Mary Defelice. However, Defelice was acquired by Tidewater Marine of New Orleans, Louisiana where she retained her name.
She was then acquired by Dann Ocean Towing of Tampa, Florida. Where she was renamed as the Stephanie Dann.
The Stephanie Dann is a model bow, twin screw ABS Maltese Cross A-1 Towing Service, Maltese Cross AMS certified tug. She is powered by two Caterpillar D398 TA diesel engines with Reintjes WAV 1050 reduction gears at a ratio of 5.00 : 1.00 turning via 8(in) shafts two 86(in) diameter by 66(in) fixed pitch four bladed stainless steel propellers, for a rated 3,200 horsepower.
Her electrical service is provided by two 75 KW generators driven by two 6-71 Detroit Diesels. The tug's capacities are 50,000 gallons of Fuel Oil, 800 gallons of Hydraulic Oil, 1,900 gallons of Lube Oil, 5,600 gallons of Wash water, and 8,000 gallons of Potable water.
The tug's towing gear consists of a Markey double drum TDSD-26 towing winch outfitted with 2,000(ft) of 1.50(in) primary towing wire and 2,000(ft) of 1.50(in) of secondary wire.