Built in 1941, by RTC Shipbuilding Incorporated of Camden, New Jersey (hull #137) as the John B. Caddell for the Poling Brothers Transportation Company of New York, New York.
Launched in 1941, she was delivered to the the Poling Brothers Transportation Company of New York, New York on December 13th, 1941.
In 1942, the tanker was acquired by the United States Navy. Where she was designated as the YO-140. Where she was allocated to 5th Naval District at Norfolk, Virginia.
In 1946, she acquired by the Poling Brothers Transportation Company of New York, New York. Where the tanker was renamed as the John B. Caddell.
In 2004, the vessel was acquired the Poling-Cutler Marine Transportation Company of Freehold, New Jersey. Where she retained her name.
In 2011, she was acquired by undisclosed interests. The tanker was "laid up" at Staten Island, New York.
In 2012, during "superstorm" Sandy. The tanker broke loose, and was grounded on Staten Island, New York. The vessel was later removed, and was scrapped Witte Marine Incorporated's scrap yard at Staten Island, New York. She was powered by a single, Union Diesel engine. Turning a single, fixed pitch propeller for a rated 600 horsepower.