Home Search Links About Us Updates TBI Store Login
PORT BARRE

Built in 1943 by Canulette Shipbuilding at Slidell, Louisiana as the Port Barre (hull #2), vessel order #439 for the United States Maritime Commission.

In 1946, the tug was acquired by the Standard Oil Company of California of San Francisco, California. Where she was renamed as the Standard No. 2.

In 1984, the Standard Oil Company of California merged with the Gulf Oil Corporation of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, changing the company name to the Chevron Corporation.

In 1989, she was acquired by an individual named James D. Gilmur of Metlakatla, Alaska. Where the tug was renamed as the Kami Kay G.

The tug's documentation lapsed in 2001, and as of 2017 she is laid-up in partially-scrapped condition on the Sacramento River delta.

She is a single screw tug, powered by an 8-cylinder Enterprise diesel, rated at 1,000 horsepower.


  • Vessel Name: PORT BARRE
  • USCG Doc. No.: 243118
  • Vessel Service: TOWING VESSEL
  • Trade Indicator: Coastwise Unrestricted, Registy
  • Call Sign: WB3275
  • Hull Material: STEEL
  • Hull Number: 2
  • Ship Builder: CANULETTE SHIPBUILDING
  • Year Built: 1943
  • Length: 93.1
  • Hailing Port: METLAKATLA, AK
  • Hull Depth: 11.6
  • Hull Breadth: 25
  • Gross Tonnage: 199
  • Net Tonnage: 87
  • Previous Vessel Names:
    Port Barre, Standard No. 2
  • Previous Vessel Owners:
    United States Maritime Commission, Standard Oil Company of California, Chevron Corporation, James D. Gilmur