Built in 1945 by Everett Pacific Shipbuilding and Drydock at Everett, Washington as the YTL-713 (hull #72) under contract by the United States Navy.
Upon the end of World War II, the United States Navy concluded their contract with the shipyard, and hull was left incomplete and undelivered.
In 1946, the tug was completed by the yard and sold to Barney B. Helser of Portland, Oregon. Where she was renamed as the Margot Ann.
She was later acquired by the Weirex Company of Portland, Oregon. Where the tug was renamed as the Margaret Ann.
The tug was eventually acquired by the Western Transportation Company of Portland, Oregon. Where she retained her name.
In 1996, she was acquired by the Port Gardner Tug and Barge Company of Bellevue, Washington. Where the tug was renamed as the Ebey Island.
The tug was later acquired by Waterfront Construction Incorporated of Seattle, Washington. Where she was renamed as the Margaret Ann.