Built in 1957, by Main Iron Works Incorporated of Houma, Louisiana (hull #89) as the Marquita Anne for Liberty Maritime Incorporated of Jupiter, Florida.
In 1995, the tug was later acquired by the Buchanan Marine Limited Partnership Incorporated of New Haven, Connecticut. Where she was renamed as the Buchanan 14.
In 2005, the was acquired by the Vance Construction Company of West Palm Beach, Florida. Where she was renamed as Kathleen.
In 2007, she went out of documentation.
In 2016, she was reefed off the east coast of Florida. She was a twin screw tug, rated at 1,050 horsepower.