Built in 1943 by Trageser Copper Works at Maspeth, New York as the LCM (3)-type landing craft C28465 for the United States Navy.
In 1956, the vessel was rebuilt as a pushboat and acquired by the Guy F. Atkinson Construction Company of Long Beach, California. Where she was renamed as the Iron Mule II.
In 1964 she was acquired by the Jones Tug and Barge Company of Long Beach, Calfornia. Where the tug was renamed as the Mule.
She was eventually acquired by the General Petroleum Corporation of Rancho Dominguez, California. Where the tug was renamed as the Miss Natalie .
The General Petroleum Corporation was later rebranded as Maxum Petroleum, an independent subsidiary of Pilot Thomas Logistics LLC of Fort Worth, Texas.
In 2016, the tug was acquired by Sause Brothers Incorporated of Coos Bay, Oregon. Where she was renamed as the Lulu.
In 2018, she was acquired by Deforge Maritime Towing LLC of Seattle, Washington. Where the tug retained her name.